Thursday, April 24, 2014

Of reality and being "real"

Heyo!

While I compose this missile, I am watching The Desolation of Smaug and that my friends, is making me very happy. That and the weather was a few degrees warmer today. YAY. And I took a outing today to learn about volunteering at my local Pro-life pregnancy center (which, yanno, you all should consider), which was awesome. In between those two things, I studied. Yup, so proud of myself. Anyway all-in-all it was a pretty productive and happy day.

I was thinking the other day about how reality is the toughest part of life and usually the most boring.
(Don't get me wrong there are there are times when you pack up everything, sell your house, and live in an RV for about a month. Thankfully there are also moments like this. Moments that break up monotony. It is unfortunate then that right now there seems to be alot of monotony, but when there is not, there are decisions to be made.

Should I take this job? Yes until something better comes along.
Should I be studying right now? Probably, but I would prefer to apply "If in doubt, don't."
How do I spend my time? Blogging and watching the Hobbit apparently. (And usually alot of studying and exercising)

The point of all that was suppose to be that life is mostly boring, but I prefer to think of  it as interesting. It seems like when I think I'm being all "real" when I say somthing like this:

"I ran three miles today. It was bru-tal."

Think I'm being "real" and honest? While yes that statement is true, it only took maybe thirty minutes of my day, but it is the one thing I choose to highlight. Instead of the hours of mind-numbing studying that stole most of my time. That is reality. Unfortunately reality doesn't always carry a conversation too well.


"When did we left evil become stronger than us?" -The Desolation of Smaug  I LOVE THE HOBBIT, LOTR, TOLKIEN. *sigh of joy* This movie is obviously the right choice for tonight. However, now I think it is bed time...

G'night.

<3 Lissa

No comments:

Post a Comment